Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Aqua Dreams MIE

Aqua Dreams MIE Themes DesktopAqua Dreams MIE ThemesSettingsAqua Dreams MIE Themes Accessories

I know I said the end of the week, but I wasn't counting on Francois from Zgegblog to get back to me so soon. My thanks to him for having the time to burn, and giving me permission to butcher his beautiful creation. Also thanks to everyone that submits "How To's" on the GIMP website. I am very new to anything having to do with art, but I try. Thank you also to the poor lonely HP developer who designed the interface, it is really nice, but it can't be dark all the time. Let's get to it though. I took the original "Aqua Dreams" wallpaper and GIMPed it with a opaque rectangle, just to give some horizontal segmentation. I did use the original HP MIE media buttons for inspiration on a new set of media buttons. Some people might not like them, but i wanted to bring some of those nice blue colors to this end of the desktop. There are some conflicts in the way that the slider bar is created. I know that its in the original "Aqua Dreams" .rc file, but to be honest I can live with it. I did not change anything with elisa because i rarely access it. Also I didn't change the original launch bar, again i thought the blue just fit. Please let me know what you think, my hope is to get the .rc files cleaned up, the folders zipped and ready to give out to anyone brave enough to copy them in. Until then if you have any questions, or comments, please feel free to write. I will forewarn that Francois has requested I let him see the finished product, so there may be some tweaking done before i zip. On a bit of a side note, I had to reinstall Ubuntu 9.04 after the "Ferrari MIE" fiasco. I'm not sure why I had problems, but I installed "Harbour Launcher" using as many of the packages in synaptic as possible. So far everything with working just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment