Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Set Back

Well it looks like I have managed to break the most reliable operating system. Just goes to prove that I can do just about anything. I was trying to use the "Ubuntu Customization Kit" to try and create a disk with Harbour Launcher on it to test out the themes, and I totally fudged it. In the process i rendered my Ubuntu install useless, and after i reinstalled everything, my Harbour Launcher was really really slow. So now i have a dilema. I hate when I do this, my last set up was totally awesome. Well I'm going to try and fix it, but this was totally my fault. I do have something in the works for a theme. Hopefully if i can get past this hick-up I'll have it by weeks end.

UPDATE: A bit of a blessing in disguise. Ok first of all I forgot to install my Nvidia driver, so that was the problem with my crawling Elisa. Of course i didn't find out until i had already upgraded to Moovida. For those of us running a patched up Mini MIE, let me say Moovida works. The one thing that i found in my 2 minutes of playing around was that if you accidentally close Moovida, Harbour Launcher can not restart it, so you'll have to drag ur mouse over to the application menu at click on Moovida again. Not a big deal if you ask me, but other than that, i was still able to use all other operation as normal. I also found that playing music on it no longer takes up 50 percent of my system resources. If i collapse the window it takes up about 15 percent. A big improvement. Any ways just thought someone might be interested.

UPDATE 2: Well I've been contacted by a reader, and was asked some questions that i did not foresee being a problem. Apparently there is not Appearance Option Under Preferences on the HP Mini MIE. I know that there are some options that are hidden, i dont know if this is one of them, but if a command line can be accessed try using this command without quote "gnome-appearance-properties". Or try doing Alt-F2 and execute the command from there. Sorry I wasn't aware of Appearance not being present as an option, and not having access to the Mini I really wouldn't know how to even change the theme. I am sure that there is a way to access Appearance, but I wouldn't know where to begin. If a solution does not come up soon, I'll make sure to rename my blog. If anyone has any information that would prove helpful, please post or contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment